- Foundation of an upholstery and saddlery by master saddler Carl Seipp in Lollar (Hesse)
- Opening of the Carl Seipp furniture store in Singen am Hohentwiel
- Transfer of the business to his second son Erich
- Opening of the first furniture hall in Horheim, District of Waldshut. Three further halls follow in intervals. Closing down in 1976
- Opening of show rooms in Waldshut on the first floor of the house in Kaiserstraße 45, above the former Gasthaus Krone
- Opening of the furniture store on Conrad-Gröber-Platz, Waldshut
- Opening of the furniture store in Tiengen, Schaffhauser Straße 36, with a central high bay warehouse
- The management of the two furniture stores in Waldshut and Tiengen is transferred to sons Roland Seipp and Horst Seipp.
- Change of the legal form to a limited company
- Roland and Horst Seipp are appointed directors. Albert and Claus Seipp receive the power of procuration.
- Validation after eco-audit (revalidations 2002, 2005, 2008, 2011)
- Company anniversary: 100 years of Seipp
Environmental award of the State of Baden-Württemberg, trade section
- Future award of the State of Baden-Württemberg
- The management is extended by brothers Albert Seipp and Claus Seipp. Roland Seipp has retired.
- Apart from Claus Seipp, Volker Seipp, Jochen Seipp and Martin Seipp are appointed directors.
- Albert Seipp retires after 48 years of senority.
- After a year of reconstruction the store in Waldshut shines in new splendor, with an impressive glass front and a rooftop terrace.
- The kitchen studio “bulthaup am See” is opened in the traditional Schwarzacher Hof building in Constance.
- Claus Seipp is retiring after 49 years of service.
- Besides Volker Seipp, Jochen Seipp and Martin Seipp, Sophia Seipp is appointed managing director.
- The store in Tiengen is extensively modernized and a roof terrace is added.
- Company anniversary: 120 years of Seipp. 120 years of history
History in pictures
120 years of Seipp
On the occasion of the 120th anniversary of Seipp in September 2022, the anniversary exhibition from 2002 was expanded by 20 objects.
"120 years of Seipp. 120 objects."
The Seipp logo
The British designer, Jasper Morrison, is of special importance to Seipp Wohnen. The company owes, inter alia, its corporate identity to this rather coincidental connection.
In 1990, Albert Seipp took part in a workshop of Jasper Morrison at Vitra in Weil am Rhein where both got to know each other. By chance, the designer knew the Seipp furniture store and when he glanced at the business card thought that the logo was outdated.
More about Jasper Morrison
In January of 1992, the two men met again at the Cologne Fair and Jasper Morrison showed Albert Seipp his proposal for the new Seipp logo on his laptop. The round corners and the intensively bright green were ahead of their time. After first internal resistance, the design, which was considered daring, finally prevailed. All of the stationery was created according to the new design.
Subsequently, coincidental and spontaneous encounters occurred frequently and resulted in a very personal relationship.
„It’s Time to change“
It was in 2007, that Albert Seipp received an email from Jasper Morrison: "It’s time to change". The proposal was to change the green Seipp logo, which had become known across borders in the meantime, to a new colour, ice-blue. Also in this case, the initial scepticism yielded to enthusiasm. It was the correct decision.